Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that, should you need emergency assistance at any time of day or night, help is no more than a press of a button away. BWTelcom’s Personal Help Button, which is worn on a necklace or a wristband, activates a small in-home unit, called a “communicator,” which automatically dials the Lifeline Response Center nearest you. In about one minute, a Lifeline monitor will respond. If you say you need assistance, your monitor will send the appropriate help, be it an ambulance, the fire department, the police, or simply your next-door neighbor to come and check on you.
Basic Service Package – $29.50/month
Lifeline Voice Communicator and one personal help button
Basic features include:
• Voice Communication – a high-output speaker phone that enables clear, automatic two-way communication between the Lifeline subscriber and Lifeline Central for fast response.
• Closed-Loop Protocol – alerts the Response Center staff when help arrives or if help fails to arrive at your home.
• External Antenna – provides increased personal help button range for enhanced protection in and around larger properties.
• Automatic Pulse/Tone Dialing – automatically selects the proper dialing method for your home and eliminates the need for a manual pulse/tone switch.
• RSVP Remote Answering Capability– allows you to answer incoming calls by merely pressing the personal help button without having to get the phone.
• $35 one-time fee
• If wiring is needed, there may be additional charges for labor and materials.
• Mileage outside the Benkelman/Wauneta/Hartman service area is charged at $1.35 per mile, one way.